Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bambini Wine Room

Image from www.smh.com.au

Ah so i finally paid this intimate wine bar a visit this evening for a quick after work drink with a colleague.Last time a friend and I attempted getting in on a Friday evening,there was queue to get in.Tonight we were lucky to have claimed the last table.
The tiny room is decorated with French provincial furniture,chandeliers and mirrors,and the wall behind the bar is taken up by a massive wine wall.
We were given the menu as soon as we sat down and a plate of complimentary olives,nuts and bread sticks were placed in front of us. I chose a glass of Italian Sangiovese and my friend had a merlot. For snacks we has french fries with aioli and a plate of chorizo sausages which we scoffed.
I only hope more great intimate wine bars like this start opening up in Sydney which we desperately need.This place is pricier than most other bars in Sydney but I will definitely be back.

No comments: