Tuesday, February 19, 2008

First project-still in progress

All sewn up and just waiting to be finished

Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter

A had bought Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing late last year and this year I finally have a sewing machine so it was time to start making something.I decided on the tea towels,probably the most simple project.I helped a friend make napkins last year for her wedding and I wasn't very good,lines were not very straight but it was promising to see I had improved,and thanks to the seam ripper,I could go over something again when it didn't look right.
I decided on a clean organic look and found some lovely 100% linen fabric,then I came up with an idea,I should learn embroidery,at first I thought maybe a tea cup,but have decided on a knife and fork.
Since then I have bought Sublime Stitching,it looked more like my style,much more modern,bought some supplies and have spent the last weekend learning the different types of stitches,stay tunes,more to come.

No comments: